- Have a medical check-up before walking.
- Ask you doctor whether or not he or she thinks you are physically able walk the Ignatian Camino
- Although it is expensive (around $350 – $400 AUD), an exercise electrocardiogram (ECG) would be a good idea for anyone over 50 years of age. You would need a referral from your doctor.
- If you need orthotics in your boots, be sure to have those fitted well before the start of the Ignatian Camino.
- Learn about your body during your training walks and how to take care of it.