- You should take (i) your credit card and (ii) €400 in cash.
- The cost of hotel accommodation, breakfast and dinner is included in the package price.
- Buying a sandwich and fruit during the day is very cheap.
- Washing your socks, shirt and underwear by hand each day is probably best. A quick drying hiking shirt can be hung up in the shower recess overnight.
- Alternatively, at some of the hotels you can have your clothes washed for a fee, but it takes time (usually 24 hours) to get your laundry back and pilgrims usually only stay one night in a hotel on the Camino.
- You need cash for beer at the end of the day.
- You may need to purchase pharmaceuticals.
What is the the cost of the package? Does it include airfares?
The costs are:
Cost per person twin share AUD $7990.00
Single supplement: AUD $1195.00
The package price includes airfares.
Michael Smith SJ
I want to walk the Ignatian camino on a very limited budget. Is it possible to walk alone and what would be the rough price of accommodation along the way? Tessa (email@example.com)
Yes it is possible to walk alone. We have calculated the ground content (accommodation and meals) at $3,900 Australian dollars), although with the devaluation of the Aussie dollar it would probably be more like $4,500.